The Central Virginia Transportation Improvement Program (CVTIP) is mandated by Federal legislation and is a fiscally-constrained, four-year list of transportation projects programmed for the CVMPO study area. The CVTIP is updated annually, or as needed, and includes projects on the Primary, Urban and Secondary Highway Systems. Other projects that are also included are safety, transportation enhancements and public transportation projects. The CVTIP may also include funding for feasibility studies, preliminary engineering activities and environmental impact studies.
Central Virginia Transportation Improvement Program 2021-2024 (CVTIP)
Notice of Public Hearing
The Central Virginia Metropolitan Planning Organization is accepting comments regarding a proposed amendment to the Central Virginia Transportation Improvement Program FY 2021-2024 (CVTIP). A thirty-day comment period will begin on Monday, March 15, 2021 and end on Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
A public hearing on these matters will take place Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. virtually, via the GoToMeeting Platform. The meeting link is available below.
Anyone wishing to have their views heard on these matters is encouraged to attend the public hearing. Written comments to the Central Virginia Transportation Planning Organization will also be accepted in advance of April 15th c/o Ada Hunsberger, Regional Planner, 828 Main Street, 12th Floor, Lynchburg, VA 24504, 434-845-3491, fax to 434-845-3493, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The CVTPO ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you have questions or concerns about your civil rights in regard to this project or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, please contact the CVTPO. Sign language or non-English language interpreters will be provided if needed and requested in advance of this meeting. Please contact the CVTPO at 434-845-3491 to request an interpreter no later than 14 days prior to April 15, 2021.
Join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/988742101
You can also dial in using your phone: +1 (646) 749-3122
Access Code: 988-742-101
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/988742101
Amendments/Adjustments to CVTIP 2018-2021
- August 20, 2020: Amendment to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of Changes
- January 16, 2020: Amendment to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of Changes
- May 24, 2019: Administrative Adjustments to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of Changes
- April 22, 2019: Administrative Adjustments to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of Changes
- September 28, 2018: Administrative Adjustments to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of changes
- September 28, 2018: Addendum 2 to Appendix C added to discuss Performance Based Planning and Programming for Transit Asset Management
- May 31, 2018: Addendum 1 to Appendix C added to discuss Safety Performance Targeting Process adopted by CVMPO Policy Board on February 21, 2018
- April 25, 2018: Administrative Adjustments to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of changes
- October 19, 2017: Proposed Amendment to the FY 2018-2021 CVTIP Narrative of changes